Thank you to all our families who visited our HOW week Exhibition Evening last week. It was such a fitting celebration of another fantastic themed week. A wealth of experiences have been enjoyed this week which has truly enriched the children’s learning. During this week we have:
- Built 3D structures which are taller than we are and understood how we can work together to achieve
- Using Virtual Reality technology, understood how light works and its relationship with different types of habitats.
- Coded Lego vehicles
- Used the latest CAD software to bring a design idea to life
- Built our own vehicles using a range of materials and powered them in different ways
- Understood how fireworks work and designed our own
- Made ice cream using salt in a brilliant chemistry workshop
- Visited organisations in London who helped us understand some future careers
- Explored how the brain works and its relationship with our movement, thoughts, feelings, senses and memory.
- Built clocks, of various sorts, and taken part in an eTwinning project with a school in Germany
- Conducted surveys
- Got to grips with water, how it reaches our homes and how it falls from the sky.
- Explored forces like friction and gravity in really practical ways
- Presented interactive science experiments to younger learners
Congratulations to everyone who took part in the HOW week competition and particularly to the winners from each class who were:
Jay Kumar and Vibhanshu Singh (paired entry)
Rina Yang and Teresa Roman (paired entry)
Ayrton Lima Evans
Annis Debell (whole school winner)
Isabella and Sophia Gayduk (whole school winners)