TEACHING ASSISTANT REQUIRED FOR IMMEDIATE START
Eltham Church of England Primary School is an ‘Outstanding’ school that has been at the heart of the community since 1813. Our children are positive and enthusiastic learners and our staff are welcoming, caring, hard working and supportive. We combine our rich history with innovation within a strong Christian ethos to make our school a place where all children thrive.
We are looking for a suitably experienced teaching assistant to join our team of caring and dedicated staff. This is a full time position, working 30 hours per week (Term-time only, 39 weeks). The job description outlined for a scale 3 TA is attached [salary scale 3 range: £22,185 to £22,587, pro rata for this post is £16,499 to £16,798].
The role will be to support children with a diagnosis of ASD within a class setting. In conjunction with the job description outlined, the successful candidate will be required to work with groups and in 1:1 situations supporting the named child’s need. The children are currently in our Early Years Foundation Stage, therefore when working with children with a diagnosis of ASD candidates will be required to demonstrate experience in:
- Establishing a supportive relationship with the named child,
- Using flexible and innovative methods of developing children’s social and communication and language skills,
- Taking into account the learning support required, to aid the child to engage with their learning as effectively as possible both in group situations and on his/her own,
- To assist, with the class teacher (and other professionals as appropriate), in the implementation of directed programmes of support.
- Candidates with experience within the Early Years Foundation Stage is strongly encouraged,
- Previous experience in SEN within a primary school setting is also highly desirable.
We are looking to appoint colleagues who:
- Have high expectations of themselves and the care of pupils,
- Are committed to achieving the highest outcomes for all children,
- Work well within a team,
- Are open and friendly,
- Are able to support the distinctive Christian nature of our school.
If you feel that this is a position that you can fulfil we look forward to receiving your application.
The closing date for applications is 12:00 noon on Friday 23 October 2020 and interviews are being held week commencing 2 November 2020.
Completed, applications forms can be emailed to: email@example.com